1. Welcome to the Minecraft Survival Games, tributes! We are the first Official 24/7 dedicated, fully automated, "Hunger Games" style Minecraft servers attracting over 2.5+ million players. Sign up on our forums today!

How to fix not being able to join EU servers

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by clankstar, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clankstar

clankstar Guest

Since we switched our servers to a new datacenter, we got loads of people reporting not being able to join our EU servers. We were confused: traceroutes all ended up to our servers, but some people were not able to connect.

The problems seems to be the software called Hamachi. On some systems, mostly Mac systems, Hamachi overrides the IP range we got assigned. So if you are experiencing problems connecting to EU servers, completely remove Hamachi from your computer.

If this does not solve your problem, please post in this thread.

Can't live without Hamachi? Tunngle has similar functionality.
    guggex8, bart, VebbiHD and 4 others like this.
  2. Google Administrator

3. Good one Clank! Hope this solves the issue and helps some people out. :)
    Patrick Edwards and guggex8 like this.
  4. Awesome clank! I think my friend had this problem, so I'll link him to this thread! :)
  5. Wow. This really did it. Thanks Clank! :D
  6. Thank you soo much Clank, fixed mine :)
  7. Thanks a heap :) certainly fixed mine
  8. Nice :) glad that you figured that out so people can play again
  9. #BLAMEHAMACHI
    lehparsiphel likes this.
  10. And notice this problem only occured with MAC computers......
    Krasso likes this.
  11. No it didn't If you look at all the reports in the old thread. quite a few were Windows
  12. i have hamachi and the eu servers work fine :\
  13. You know it was someone else who figured it out and posted in the other thread, rather than giving all the credit to Clank... I mean fair enough he did try fix it but someone else posted the solution in another thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.