1. Welcome to the Minecraft Survival Games, tributes!

We are the first Official 24/7 dedicated, fully automated, "Hunger Games" style Minecraft servers attracting over 1,000,000+ players. Sign up on our forums today so you can qualify for future tournaments and special events! We provide Minecraft Survival Game servers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Asia. We offer around 3720 slots of pure PVP awesomeness. If you are looking for rules, click here. Be sure to check out our live leaderboards statistics page as can show off your skill to the world!
  2. Our servers now support any version of Minecraft between 1.7.2 and 1.7.9! It is recommended that you use either 1.7.2, 1.7.4, 1.7.5, or 1.7.9 for the best experience.

Overgrowth

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by RogueHaven, Aug 28, 2012.

1. In short, Overgrowth is a physics driven, fast-paced, highly moddible, action-adventure free running/parkour playground with anthropomorphic ninja bunnies - and it's only in alpha.

It's produced by a four man indie development team responsible for a niche fighting game called Lugaru. Overgrowth is its "spiritual successor," inheriting its general motifs, races, and most importantly, the aim of building a fleshed out realistic fighting game.

Like Minecraft, it has a very sandboxy feel. You can load up a world, open the in game editor and start building a custom map. From base jumping to a revenge epic, it has the tools to enable someone inexperienced in game development to create something awesome.

It also has some very interesting AI. For example, if you drop a weapon, they'll make a mad dash to pick it up and fight back, or if you cut them across the stomach, they'll clutch at their wound. One feature I have a love/hate relationship with is that if they're about to die, they'll run for the help of an ally if one is nearby. It all makes for a very intense and detailed challenge.

This is the video that started it for me:

And here's a favorite of mine that shows of the amazing knife combat:

And here's my first playthrough of a map:

Please, tell me what you think of the game. I think it has crazy potential.
  2. Google Administrator

3. This game is amazing. I'm waiting till i get my new pc, then i will buy it and play the sh#t out of it ;)
  4. That's what I like to hear.