1. Welcome to the Minecraft Survival Games, tributes! We are the first Official 24/7 dedicated, fully automated, "Hunger Games" style Minecraft servers attracting over 2.5+ million players. Sign up on our forums today!

Is winning the Survival Games a "Luck of the Draw"?

Discussion in 'Tips and Strategies' started by SliceofBread123, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Well, maybe not luck of the draw. More like luck of the CHEST.

I find that the people who get good gear at the beginning will win. Rarely do you see someone (Or do you) get nothing off the start and then come back and win.

I think that it really is up to whats in the chests.

Opinions?

SliceofBread123 (Msg me for Clan)

2. Google Administrator

3. 50% luck, 50% skill and know-how.

4. Really? I would've put lag as a factor.
    I mean, I've been killed by a guy with a stone sword when I had a diamond sword, because he was lagging so badly.
    1 sec I was in front of his face, 2 seconds later, he was halfway across spawn (Not implying speed hacks)!

Lag is something that't not always there, but still can play a massive role in 1 vs 1 PvP.

5. Nope. This is not true. If a guy gets armor at the beginning, he doesn't always win. PvP could help you to defeat him.

6. Generally that factor is unchangable.

7. By "Good gear" I meant more of a weapon, not so much armor. Look at it like this:
    Guy w/ stone sword and no armor vs guy w/ stone axe and a gold chestplate and iron boots. Who wins?

My moneys on the guy with the stone sword.

8. Lag can always play a part in PvP, but sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

9. Naturally, the guy with better armor wins. But if the guy with the stone sword is good at PvP like me he could kill him easily.

10. That all depends. The guy with the stone sword would have to play evasively and strafe around attempting reduce hits given towards the player whilst the player with the stone axe needs more hits in but can take more damage so evasion isn't really needed. It all depends on the situation with that gear; ranging from skill, latency, and reaction time.

11. The difference in damage between a stone sword and a stone axe is 1/2 a heart, the damage reduction from armor is much greater. The guy ith the stone axe and armor would likely win.

Bardan likes this.
  12. You sir.
    Impress me.

13. This is not really true, I win like 1/2 of my games and I dont get always lucky with the chests, also, you neer a good route

BetaPuffle likes this.