1. Welcome to the Minecraft Survival Games, tributes!

We are the first Official 24/7 dedicated, fully automated, "Hunger Games" style Minecraft servers attracting over 1,000,000+ players. Sign up on our forums today so you can qualify for future tournaments and special events! We provide Minecraft Survival Game servers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Asia. We offer around 3720 slots of pure PVP awesomeness. If you are looking for rules, click here. Be sure to check out our live leaderboards statistics page as can show off your skill to the world!
  2. Our servers now support any version of Minecraft between 1.7.2 and 1.7.9! It is recommended that you use either 1.7.2, 1.7.4, 1.7.5, or 1.7.9 for the best experience.

Just to clarify armor and weapon strengths

Discussion in 'Survival Games Discussions' started by Little_Death, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Little_Death

Little_Death Member

These stats are for unarmored players. Anything in your hand besides what is listed (and a pickaxe which is a waste of ingots/cobblestone for pvp) will deal a half a heart of damage.

The power of swords is as follows: Gold, Wood, Stone, Iron, Diamond.
    Gold does 2 hearts as does wood, but wood lasts 2x longer.
    Stone only does a healf a heart better then gold and wood, but does a half a heart worse then iron.
    Diamond is the best option at 3 and a half hearts and has 1562 uses.
    I've seen many people saying that gold is better then stone. This is NOT true

The strength of armor is as follows: Leather, Gold, Chain, Iron, Diamond.
    Gold is only slightly worse then chain, but a lot better then leather. The gold helm has the same protective power as a chain helm, but will be destroyed quickly. Iron slightly worse then diamond, about 2 and a half armor points.

The power of axes are as follows: Wood, Gold, Stone, Iron, Diamond
    A diamond axe will do as much damage as an iron sword.
    An iron axe will be found in chests and deals 2 and a half hearts of damage, the same as a stone sword.
    Wooden and gold axes will do 1 and a half hearts, while stone will deal 2.

Shovels (not usually considered weapons but who cares) damage are as follows: Wood, Gold, Stone, Iron, Diamond.
    Diamond does only 2 hearts, making it not a effective weapon, save for 2 diamonds.
    Iron shovels will do 1 and a half and stone will do 1.
    Wood and gold are once again even at a mere half a heart, THE SAME AS FISTS! D:

Bow damage: A really weak shot will do 1 heart to an unarmored opponent.
    A medium shot willl deal 3 hearts or damage.
    A fully charged shot will deal an amazing 5 hearts. 1 and a half more then a diamond sword.

Hopefully this helps.
  2. Google Administrator

3. why! everyone always beleived that gold swords are better than iron :( dont give pople the knowledge! xD
  4. Little_Death

Little_Death Member

Lol hi you spammer. I'm --- <-this close to reporting you.
  5. not spam if u only do every 10 secs ^^
    Edit: also i was only typing .'s
  6. Hopefully this will shut some people up. Hate having to tell noob teammates.
    This is why I like solo.

Still Spam.
  7. u all hate me :(
    Stijn likes this.
  8. Don't spam for some love.
  9. i dont get the joke... i don't even spam much, i was just trying to do that stupid trick poeple do wen they do
    <HEROBRINE> You will all die!
  10. Evolta

Evolta
    Diamond Sponsor

Thats spam lol. Don't spam for some love. :)
  11. omg what does that mean? spam for attention or something?
  12. Evolta

Evolta
    Diamond Sponsor

Basically don't be a douche and go around saying "OMG PRESS ALT-F4 TO START GAME!". Yea stuff like that.
  13. I don't other fags do that... Plus that retarded almost everyone either already knows, or other poeple like me just say it doesnt work dont do it